Frequently Asked Questions in Event of Postponement
Q: Will my registration fee be reimbursed?
A: Given that the conference has been postponed rather than cancelled, your registration fee will simply be carried forward. Refunds are, in any case, available up until six weeks before the event, minus a 25% administration fee. In light of the specific circumstances of this postponement, however, we are increasing the refund to 90% of the net fee received (ie. less any applicable bank transfer and credit card charges), should you not wish or not be able to attend on the revised dates.
Q: Will my airfare and other travel expenses, such as visa application, be reimbursed?
A: Expenses are not refundable. We kindly ask you to seek compensation through your own travel insurance.
Q: Do I need to rebook my hotel room or will the booking automatically carry over to the new dates?
A: Rooms booked with the Westin Hotel (the venue for the conference) via the conference website will be rebooked by the hotel automatically for the new conference dates with guests receiving direct confirmation from the hotel once this has happened. Please note this may take up to a couple of weeks as the details are worked through with the hotel.
Q: And what about the pre- and post-conference tour to the SA Mint, as well as the social partner events? Do these need to be rebooked?
A: We will reschedule these around the new dates. If you have booked to go on one of the SA Mint tours, we will retain your booking and amend it in line with the new schedule. We will send out separate confirmation of these new dates. If you have any queries in the meantime, please contact Belinda Greyson at Belinda.Greyson@samint.co.za.
For the social partner events, the reservation of and payment for these events will simply transfer to the new dates and schedule. If social partners choose not to have their registration transferred to the later date, then the local company that is organising the social partner programme will retain 20% to cover its administrative costs and refund the remaining 80%.
Q: Will the Coin Competition and Packaging Competition still go ahead? What will happen to the coins that I have submitted for the awards?
A: The awards will go ahead as planned. Any coins and packaging will be securely stored until the event, and all other arrangements remain unchanged.
Q: Is there anything specific I need to be doing with regard to my registration, in light of this postponement?
A: No, nothing. We have retained your registration in our system, and will send you regular updates on how the conference is progressing.
Q: Who is the main point of contact for any questions and concerns with regard to the postponement?
A: Please contact Nicola Sudan, Conference Organiser, Reconnaissance International; direct number +44 (0) 1932 508 806; email email@example.com. Or, alternatively, call the central Reconnaissance number at +44 (0)1932 785 680.
Sign Up Now!
Don't miss a single heartbeat of the pre-MDC2021 conference build-up and sign up for our email service.